Saturday 20 September 2008

Gosh, I'm tired...

It's been a heavy week at work and I've not been sleeping well. My car broke down on Tuesday and I might have damaged the heads in the end - I need to get some investigative work done to be sure, so it could be a huge job or it could be a fairly small one.
I got the Lab Rescue stuff off in the post on Wednesday (courtesy of someone else going to the PO!) and it arrived on Friday. I haven't heard yet how it went today but Carolyne was delighted with the knitting. I just wish there'd been more. And I forgot to take a photo of the Amanda's Squatty Sidekick once it was felted. :-( It shrank beautifully and was really cute. I must find something more to knit and felt in that yarn, Twilleys of Stanford Freedom Spirit.

I've been taking part in Hat Attack 2 but have been disappointed and frustrated at how little time I've had to do the knitting! I finally got the darn thing finished today but, although the tension appears to be right even on the finished article, it's 1.25" too short. Grrrr. I really really do not want to have to knit this pattern again - I did not enjoy it and I don't like the finished design.
I love the Therapi yarn though! Even if there are some infuriating knots in it. It's very soft and lovely to knit with. I'll be delighted to receive a hat knitting in it.
But there's a much more important event this week which deserves a post all to itself...

No comments: