Monday 23 June 2008

Secret Pal Week 2 question & armwarmers contd

I'm a bit late with this as either I didn't get the original email or it went into my junk folder and I missed it. Here's the question:
As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?
Hmmm... I don't think I can remember so I'm going to have to think back and try to remember what I liked!
  • Spending time with my dog, Rikki.
  • Getting to lie in in the mornings.
  • Sunshine.
  • Most of all - our holiday on the Isle of Bute in the Firth of Clyde. Happy happy memories - cycling across the island to Ettrick Bay in the bright sunshine, trying to keep up with my brother!; long sandy days there with Mum relaxing and the dog permanently in the water; Rikki in his pool, a large water outlet on the seashore; candy floss in Rothesay; swimming at the pool in Rothesay; the fun fair! And that wonderful feeling of coming home at the end!! LOL

I used to get bored in the holidays and looked forward to getting back to school!

Reading other SPers memories made me remember my most favourite memory of all - waking up in the bed-in-the-cupboard and hearing children running past the window (the room was on the corner of the street and had a window on each corner wall) and remembering that I was in Port Bannatyne. I don't think I have another memory to match that...! Oh and the loo was in the close / stairwell outside, shared with the family next door!

* * * *

I seem to have got it right at last with the armwarmers. I took the first one in progress into RTT today and had someone try it on. It fit perfectly and was much admired. I am delighted! You guys will have to wait until it's finished!

No comments: